oct2momlOct2moml is a start at a tool that converts Ptolemy Classic Octtools Facets to Ptolemy II MoML files.
This tool is incomplete and totally unsupported, but it is useful for getting a start on converting Ptolemy Classic Octtools facets to MoML Files
The oct2moml home page is at
oct2moml is heavily based on oct2ptcl, which was written by Kennard White. Christopher Hylands developed oct2moml. Questions about oct2monl should be posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list, or to the comp.soft-sys.ptolemy newsgroup.
- oct2moml is a hack. Don't use it if you are not comfortable with recompiling Ptolemy Classic.
- oct2moml only translates the logical connections of a facet, it does not translate how the icons look, or where they are positioned.
- Galaxies are not handled well
- There is not necessarily a one-to-one translation between Ptolemy Classic Star names and their parameters and Ptolemy II Actor names and their parameters
- oct2moml is based on oct2ptcl, so it has the following oct2ptcl bugs:
- oct2ptcl is too picky about some facets. It thinks facets are corrupt, but the facet will work fine in Ptolemy. oct2ptcl is technically correct here, but by not processing semi-corrupt facets, oct2ptcl is not very useful
- oct2ptcl has not been extended to handle initializable delays.
The mdsdf:test:IIRusingFIR demo uses initializable delays.
If we run oct2ptcl on this facet, we get:
connect Fork.output=21 output#2 FIR1 inputHowever, if we compile this facet with ptolemy, we get:
connect Fork.output=21 output#2 FIR1 input "0 1"
- Download the Ptolemy Classic src and other.src tar files
- Build Octtools:
cd $PTOLEMY ./MAKEARCH make install_octtools
- Download oct2moml-0.01.tar.gz from
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/other/oct2moml-0.01.tar.gzand untar it
cd $PTOLEMY tar -zxf oct2moml-0.01.tar.gz
- Build oct2moml. Currently, MAKEARCH does not build a separate
obj.$PTARCH directory for oct2moml, so you will need to build
the source files in the
cd $PTOLEMY/src/octtools/tkoct/top make cd ../oct2moml make
- To test oct2moml, run
oct2moml -g $PTOLEMY/src/domains/sdf/demo/butterfly