This interface is analogous to the
interface. However, this
interface is platform independent, and it's expected that implementers of the
interface are also platform independent. By platform independent, we mean there is
no dependendency between java.awt or java.swing packages that are specific to Java SE
version of the Java and not available on Android, for example.
Interface for objects that have UI components that can be placed in containers.
These objects can be fairly tricky to write because of the fact that they
might be placed in a control panel, or be expected to create their own
container. Moreover, from one run to the next, this situation might change.
That is, it might create a container on one run, but on the next run, place
the display in specified container (like a control panel).
Objects that implement this interface should pass the following tests:
- Run the model from the toolbar. The object creates a container.
- Close the container during the run. The run continues without the container.
- Move and resize the container during the run.
- Save the model and close it. Then open and re-run.
Placement and size is preserved.
- Re-run the model from the toolbar. Move and resize is preserved.
- Run the model from the View:Run menu. If a frame is visible, it first
- Close the run control panel and run from the toolbar. A frame is opened,
using the last size and placement.
- Delete the actor. Frame should close, or display in the control
panel should disappear.