Ptolemy II 6.0.2 Web Edition Download
This download of Ptolemy II uses a web launching tool called Web Start that makes installation and updates particularly simple.
Installation DetailsBelow are more detailed instructions.
Web Start is a product from Sun that is used to download the Ptolemy II 6.0.2 Web Edition.
Sun's Java Web Start is included in version 1.4.1 or later of Sun's Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK).
In other words, If you have Java 1.4.1 or later installed, then Web Start is already installed!
- This web page attempts to detect whether Web Start
is already installed. If the Quick Start list above contains
Click here to download and install JRE 5.0 and the application.then download and Install Java from Sun (15.2Mb)
If the above step is not present, then Web Start is already installed and you can proceed with clicking on the
- After installing Web Start, restart your browser and return to this page.
- Hopefully, the Web Start detection will work and the
Click here to download and install JRE 5.0 and the applicationstep will not be present.
Even if the Install Web Start step is present, try downloading and/or opening the Ptolemy II 6.0.2 Web Edition (16.9Mb to 41.3Mb), it could be that the Web Start detection has failed even though Web Start is properly installed.
For example, under Opera 6.01 under Windows 2000, click on the Ptolemy II 6.0.2 Web Edition (16.9Mb to 41.3Mb) link and select
open. If Java Web Start has been installed, then it should start up automatically.
- The download is between 16.9Mb and 41.3Mb, roughly half the size of the application download is consumed by the HTML documentation of the Ptolemy II Java classes.
- After the download completes, you will be prompted with a window
that states that the certificate from
University of California Berkeleyis valid. You should hit the
Startbutton to proceed with start up.
Places to go
This page covers installing Ptolemy II via Web Start
Other formats include: