Prof. Edward A. Lee
Photo by Jessica Brandi Lifland/Polaris.
| Edward A. Lee|
Robert S. Pepper Distinguished Professor
University of California at Berkeley
545Q Cory Hall
Berkeley CA 94720-1770
- Official department home page
- Google Scholar page
- Information for members of my research group
- Books (See also new book: System Design, Modeling, and Simulation using Ptolemy II, available as a free PDF and low-cost paperback).
- EECS 219D: Concurrent Models of Computation for Embedded Systems
- EECS 144/244: Fundamental Algorithms for System Modeling, Analysis, and Optimization
- EECS 149: Introduction to Embedded Systems
- EECS 20: Structure and Interpretation of Signals and Systems
- The Ptolemy Project: Research in model-based design.
- New center: The TerraSwarm Research Center.
- CHESS: Center for Hybrid and Embedded Software Systems.
- Cyber-Physical Systems: A research taxonomy.
- Disciplined Heterogeneous Modeling
- CPS Foundations
- Computing Needs Time
- Cyber-Physical Systems: Design Challenges
- The Problem with Threads
- Building Unreliable Systems out of Reliable Components: The Real Time Story
- Cyber-Physical Systems: A Fundamental Intellectual Challenge, December 11, 2013, College de France, Paris, France (Introduction in French, Presentation in English).
- Cyber-Physical Systems: A Rehash or A New Intellectual Challenge?, December 10, 2013, Supelec, Paris, France.
- An Overview of Ptides, a Programming Model for Distributed Real-Time Systems, October 2, 2013.
- It's About Time, SwarmLab Seminar, March 7, 2013.
- Verifying Real-Time Software is Not Reasonable (Today), Invited Plenary Talk, Haifa Verification Conference (HVC), Haifa, Israel, November 6-8, 2012.
- Heterogeneous Actor Models, Invited Lecture, Halmstad, Sweden, February 10, 2012.
- Debate on the Proposition that Software Patents Encourage Innovation, Computer History Museum, Mountain View, CA, Aug. 24, 2011.
- Computers Everywhere - the Future is not what it Used to Be, Cal Day, April 20, 2011.
- Screen/audio capture of lectures for EECS 149, Introduction to Embedded Systems.
- Computing Needs Time, CESCA Distinguished Lecture, Virginia Tech, December 10, 2010.
- Making Concurrency Mainstream, Microsoft Research Redmond, WA, Jan. 12, 2007 (requires Internet Explorer).
- Embedded Software: Building the Foundations, BEARS Conference, February 2005.
- Building Unreliable Systems out of Reliable Components: The Real-Time Story, Shannon Lecture, Nov. 17, 2005, Palo Alto, CA (requires free registration).